Due to the great public significance of the nuclear industry’s activities, one of ROSATOM’s priorities is the sustainable development of its nuclear industry entities, the Corporation itself, and its contribution to the development of the country and mankind as a whole.
Since ROSATOM performs a broad range of work in different areas, sustainable development issues are regulated for each of these areas.
The Corporation’s agenda is to ensure the sustainable development of business through:
- non-proliferation of nuclear weapons, nuclear materials, and critical nuclear technologies;
- ensuring the nuclear and radiation safety and reliability of nuclear facilities;
- ensuring energy security;
- management of the lifecycle of nuclear facilities;
- development of modern technologies for RAW management and solving “nuclear legacy” problems;
- application of nuclear technologies in the industries that are essential for the quality of living and lifespan of the population;
- positive economic and social impact on the regional, national, and international scale;
- minimisation of environmental impact, including on the world’s climate;
- increasing capital use efficiency;
- affirmative interaction with the stakeholders;
- ensuring the safety, and securing the rights, of the employees;
- enhancing transparency and accountability; and
- ensuring public acceptance of nuclear power development.
Corresponding sections of the Report elaborate the implementation of the sustainability agenda in 2013.
| || Previous page||