220.127.116.11. Strategic goals of the division
The Uranium Holding (JSC ARMZ) is the management company of ROSATOM’s Mining Division. Until 2013, the Mining Division incorporated Russian and foreign uranium mining assets. In 2013, the decision was made to reform it, which resulted in the establishment of Uranium One Holding N.V., which will consolidate foreign front-end NFC assets. In future, JSC Atomredmetzoloto will develop assets in the territory of Russia, including new mining projects. In this regard, the uranium production indicators of 2013 will be disclosed in this section only for the assets in Russia (information about the assets abroad is disclosed in Section “International Business”).
The Uranium Holding’s positions are backed by the guaranteed demand for its products from the companies of the Russian nuclear industry, geographically diversified production and feedstock base, which includes effective recovery cost reserves and implemented sustainability measures at existing enterprises and promising projects.
The strategic goal is to maximise the value of the business for the shareholders through:
- a high level of uranium production efficiency;
- increasing the scale and diversification of the business by the development of new mining and metallurgical areas.
The Division’s business model is provided in the annual report of JSC Atomredmetzoloto for 2013.
18.104.22.168. Results of 2013
Main production results
In 2013, the Russian companies of the Mining Division produced 3,135 tonnes of uranium. JSC PIMCU (Transbaikalia Territory, Krasnokamensk) produced 2,133 tonnes, JSC Dalur (Kurgan Region, Uksyanskoye village) 562 tonnes, and JSC Khiagda (Republic of Buryatia, Bagdarin village) 440 tonnes.
In JSC ARMZ, labour productivity was 115.1 % of the planned value for the reporting period (KPI for 2013).
Spending for new projects in 2013 was RUB 253.5 million, of which RUB 101.98 million was for R&D.
Foe details, see the annual report of JSC Atomredmetzoloto for 2013.
Nuclear and radiation safety
In the framework of ROSATOM’s programme “Enhancement of Physical Protection of Nuclear Material, Nuclear Installations and Nuclear Material Storage Facilities in the period until 2015,” the following activities were completed: a complex of the physical protection engineering features (CPPEF) was put into commercial operation at JSC PIMCU’s hydrometallurgical plant, and CPPEF construction, installation and start-up activities were completed on the main production site of JSC Khiagda.
Improvement of operating efficiency
In 2013, the activities in the framework of the ROSATOM Production System in the Mining Division were focused on extending the RPS culture and ideology at the enterprises and identifying and promoting the production system leaders.
The RPS application results in 2013:
- for the first time in over 25 years, the tunnelling indicator of 160 running metres (RM) per month was reached (up more than three times from 48.7 RM as of December 2012) in the course of the project on improvement of labour efficiency in tunnelling operations at Mine No. 8 of JSC PIMCU;
- the use of BelAZ heavy trucks for the transportation of coal resulted in the number of trips by nearly 8,000, with an increase in load of 8.5 tonnes, a total of 57,800 tonnes of coal more than planned being transported and an annual economic gain of RUB 17.3 billion through the implementation of the project on optimisation of coal mining operations and coal mine logistics at JSC PIMCU;
- the system of identification and promotion of RPS leaders “The Leaders of Changes” was successfully implemented (54 leaders as compared to 19 leaders in 2012).
Following the results of the year, the total actual effect of the implemented measures amounted to RUB 108 million.
22.214.171.124. Plans for 2014 and on the mid-term horizon:
- to produce 2,963 tonnes of uranium at the Division’s enterprises in Russia;
- to continue exploration and pilot commercial uranium mining at the Khokhlovskoye Deposit;
- to submit the project documents of the pilot commercial heap leaching project at the Berezovoye Deposit for the state expert review;
- to carry out field exploration operations at the Pavlovskoye Deposit;
- to develop, jointly with external investors, the basic terms and conditions for establishing pilot commercial production of rare-earth elements at the JSC PIMCU site;
- to develop a project to set up a pilot commercial facility for scandium concentrate production at JSC Dalur.
| || Previous page||