In 2012, the Governing Board of ROSATOM approved the Programme of Building up the Knowledge Management System (KMS) for 2012-2015 to ensure infrastructural support to the nuclear industry innovative development programme. The KMS goal is to create conditions facilitating the growth of innovative activity. The first consumers of the KMS will be federal ministries and development institutions, as well as Russian high-technology companies.
The Project “ROSATOM’s Corporate Knowledge Management System” won the award “Time of Innovations-2013” (an award of the fund “Social Projects and Programmes” with the support of the Ministry of Economic Development of Russia, Ministry of Communications and Mass Media of Russia, RVK) in the category “The Best Project to Incite and Develop Innovative Activities”.
Fig. Programme of Building up the Knowledge Management System for 2012-2015
Results of 2013:
- the united sectoral information resource has been developed. It unites the corporate electronic library (STI portal), the social network of scientific experts (community of practice) and the information system for RIA rights management (IS RIARM), as well as the multi-media library of critical knowledge and information portal of ROSATOM’s Science and Technology Board;
- in the sectoral scientific organisations, more than 280 expert bearers of critical knowledge and about 300 topics have been identified; 125 people have been involved in the project;
- the Corporation and the Ministry of Education and Science of Russia signed an agreement for the transfer of rights to use KMS in educational establishments, which will facilitate the identifying and preserving of knowledge, ensure collection and storage of documented knowledge and create comfortable access to the accumulated mass of knowledge for teachers and students.
Fig. Filling rate of the STI portal, number of documents accrued
Involvement in the knowledge management system
In 2013, the Programme of Training in Nuclear Industry Knowledge Management was prepared for implementation. A course of educational seminars on knowledge management issues, including joint seminars with the IAEA and the Russian State Academy of Intellectual Property, was organised.
Fig. Number of specialists educated in KMS aspects, persons per year
Fig. Number of nuclear specialists involved in KMS, persons per year
Plans for 2014:
- broadening of KMS licensing practices for transfer of knowledge management tools to federal authorities, development institutions and large technological companies of Russia and CIS countries;
- commissioning of the pilot commercial operation of the information system for the management of scientific expert communities;
- commissioning of the pilot commercial operation of the information system for the management of the results of information activity rights;
- development of:
- the common user support centre on issues related to the use of the knowledge management system tools;
- the common centre for advanced training in knowledge management;
- the common sectoral centre of competence in the management of RIA rights;
- implementation of the sectoral education programme on knowledge management; joint seminars with the IAEA, the Ministry of Education and Science of Russia and the Consortium of Nuclear Industry Universities.
| || Previous page||